This is the beautiful and rare Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Amplifier A-1060, top of the range from 1981-1983.
Yamaha spared no expense with the A-1060:
The structure was carefully organised like that of the A-1 or the Japanese A-9, the chassis entirely made of copper, “Shark Fin” heatsinks, fully shielded preamplifier, X power supply and 15000uF/68V electrolytic capacitors.
It had a switching power supply in front of the real transformer. The advantages were – as with other Carver devices – extremely fast regulation of the supply voltage under load and almost infinite power reserves.
Even the ease of maintenance of the device is of an extremely high standard, the preamplifier can be easily tilted to access the various test points. This is quality…
The icing on the cake for audiophiles: 2 phono inputs, support for MM and MC cartridges, with a 2-position impedance selector for MC cartridges and 4-position impedance selector for MM cartridges, plus a DISC Direct switch to go directly to LPs…
The sound is excellent, clean, clear, detailed, one of the best I’ve heard in phono.
Yamaha has done an excellent job with the A-1060!
- Manufacturer: Yamaha
- Model: A-1060
- Years of manufacture: 1981-1983
- Type: Integrated amplifier
- Remote control: no
- Power consumption: 700 watts (X power supply)
Dimensions: 435 mm × 144 mm × 422 mm (W × H × D)
- Weight: 12.5 kg
- Color: silver
- Original price approx.: 2000 DM
- Number of inputs:
- Phono, Tuner, Aux, 2 × Tape
- Number of outputs:
- 2 × speakers, 2 × rec-out, headphones.
- Continuous power (at distortion factor)
- 8 Ohm: 2 × 120 / 140 Watt (0,005 / 1 %)
4 Ohm: 200 Watt
- Dynamic power
- 8 Ohm:
- 4 Ohm:
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.003 %
- Attenuation factor: 200
- Input (sensitivity/impedance)
- Phono MM 2.5 mV/33/47/100 kOhm, MC 100 µV/100 Ohm/10 kOhm
- Tape, Tuner, 150 mV/47 kOhm
- Output (level/impedance)
Rec-Out 150 mV/560 Ohm
- Frequency response: 10-50,000 Hz
- Tone control:
- Bass: ±10dB at 20 Hz
treble: ±10dB at 20,000 Hz
- Loudness: adjustable
- Subsonic: switchable
- Mute: yes
- Direct/Line-Straight: Main-Direct and Disc-Direct
- Ripple distance (short-circuited):
- Stereo Channel Separation:
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 108 dB
- Mono/Stereo switchable
- Record selector
- Listening level monitor